1, 10, 15, or 20?
1. Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
Female characters, particularly ones who are exceptionally articulate, talking a lot and also engaging in some degree of violence. Alternately, troubled female characters with with a deeply introspective narrative and also some degree of violence. Basically: female characters, feelings, and violence.
10. Which fic has been the easiest to write?
I’m not sure if it was the absolute easiest ever, but All Creatures Grim and Grotesque went pretty smoothly because it was about characters I was both naturally good at and practiced in writing and also animal rehabilitation, of a sort.
15. If you could choose one of your fics to be filmed, which would you choose?
I wrote Love’s and Setsuna’s Resolve: The Birthday Battle for Labyrinth! with the idea of it being sort of a post-season movie, and I would love for that to be a reality.
20. Describe your perfect writing conditions.
Quiet and solitary, with a computer and a tasty caffeinated beverage to sip.
3. Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
A/b/o. Really, most porn tropes, but I feel like A/b/o deserves a special mention.
14. What’s the worst writing advice you’ve ever come across?
"Said is dead."
Or maybe “break up the monotony of pronouns by using epithets!”
4, 24, 29, 38
4. How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
Let’s see, I’ve got a few ideas for novel-length fic in various fandoms (Wicked, Frozen, Hate Story) that will probably not get written ever due to the fact that I do not write novel-length fic, and a few ideas for shorter fic in FreshPre fandom that will probably not get written any time soon because I have a professional project right now. Also, I have a Hunger Games WIP that’s been sitting unfinished for ages, and a Madoka/Les Mis crossover idea where Sayaka meets Eponine in magical girl Valhalla that I keep toying with.
24. Have you ever deleted one of your published fics?
Yeah, back when I was I guess eighteen I purged most of the fic from my FF.net and started over because I didn’t want the stuff I had written as a child mixed in with the stuff I was actually sort of proud of.
29. If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
I am not going to lie, I have sometimes been tempted to write sequel comfort porn for Chain.
38. Talk about a review that made your day.
One of my favorite reviews ever is Farla’s review on Rag Doll, because oh my goodness it is so long and points out so many things I’m glad were noticed and asks so many good questions and also it starts with “I love this fic” which is something Farla almost never says flat-out!
For the fic writer meme: 13 and 9
13. Hardest fic to write: HAHAHAHAHAHA
The answer is almost certainly Stand.
Because it was not only porn, which I had never written before, but horrific non-con porn, which is a Hell of a way to start, and I was basically cringing a little with every line.
9. Best writing advice: Hm, probably the thing about writing from empathy rather than experience. Empathy is so, so key to writing an engaging and emotionally honest character-driven story. It’s the beginning of everything, really.
- Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
- Is there a trope you’ve yet to try your hand at, but really want to?
- Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
- How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
- Share one of your strengths.
- Share one of your weaknesses.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite pieces of prose you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite dialogue scenes you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
- Which fic has been the hardest to write?
- Which fic has been the easiest to write?
- Is writing your passion or just a fun hobby?
- Is there an episode above all others that inspires you just a little bit more?
- What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- What’s the worst writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- If you could choose one of your fics to be filmed, which would you choose?
- If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
- Do you write your story from start to finish, or do you write the scenes out of order?
- Do you use any tools, like worksheets or outlines?
- Stephen King once said that his muse is a man who lives in the basement. Do you have a muse?
- Describe your perfect writing conditions.
- How many times do you usually revise your fic/chapter before posting?
- Choose a passage from one of your earlier fics and edit it into your current writing style. (Person sending the ask is free to make suggestions).
- If you were to revise one of your older fics from start to finish, which would it be and why?
- Have you ever deleted one of your published fics?
- What do you look for in a beta?
- Do you beta yourself? If so, what kind of beta are you?
- How do you feel about collaborations?
- Share three of your favorite fic writers and why you like them so much.
- If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
- Do you accept prompts?
- Do you take liberties with canon or are you very strict about your fic being canon compliant?
- How do you feel about smut?
- How do you feel about crack?
- What are your thoughts on non-con and dub-con?
- Would you ever kill off a canon character?
- Which is your favorite site to post fic?
- Talk about your current wips.
- Talk about a review that made your day.
- Do you ever get rude reviews and how do you deal with them?
- Write an alternative ending to [insert fic title] (or just the summary of one).
Someone who is using this tag:
Explain to me why you are calling her this.
I think it’s the alternate name for her analogue to Bec Noir’s form- Aka:
Jack Noir = Bec Noir
Peregrine Mendicant = Pardonless Malefactor
Kinda obscure as hell, though.
THAT POST WAS FROM TWO YEARS AGO
WHY WOULD YOU REBLOG IT TO GIVE ME AN “EXPLANATION” THAT EXPLAINS LITERALLY NOTHING
I just got a package from my sister and its a crossbow that shoots bolts which is cool but I put it together anD IT FIRES THEM AT ABOUT 800 FPS I COULD HAVE KILLED MY ROOMMATE I ALMOST SHOT IT AT HIM BUT I HIT A METAL CHAIR THAT THE BOLT WENT THROUGH
I took the metal tip off so its just a plastic bolt
aND ITS STILL PRETTY DEADLY
Where did your sister acquire this.
Lawn darts reborn, deadlier than ever.